11-4-16 - Survival Skills
Most everyone who treks into the wilderness gets turned around occasionally. How you respond in the early stages often determines if your disorientation becomes a temporary inconvenience or a tramatic ordeal. Read the scenario and answer the questions below:
You are hunting alone when you venture away from your trail to find a good hunting spot. You don't have a map or compass and your phone has no service. After trying to find your trail for a few hours, you realize that you don't have but 1 hour of daylight left.
1. What are your top three priorities at this point?
2. What are your options for creating shelter?
3. What are the steps for building a fire?
4. What are the symptoms of Hypthermia?
5. What are symptoms of Frostbite?
6. What could have prevented this situation?