TEACHER INSTRUCTIONS / REFERRAL PROCEDURES:
- Please use the paper Directed Studies Referral Form in the ofice to refer students. You may also come by my room (202) and sign up students directly with me if you prefer.
- Please place your referral sheet and all assignments and materials in my box or drop it off in room 202.
- Mr. Renshaw will assign the students to DS as soon as possible and place a Directed Studies slip in the boxes of teachers who need to send students. He will also send an e-mail to remind teachers to send students.
- Mr. Renshaw will mark student attendance in PowerSchool with a DS when they show up to complete their assignment.
- If you have specific instructions for the students, include them with your referal or e-mail to Mr. Renshaw.
Support will be given following a Red, Yellow, Green format.
Red – (Default Support) Minimal support (Directions, monitoring…NO assistance.)
Yellow – Additional support will be given in accordance with Teacher directions.
Green – Generous support will be given to help student. Teacher must notify DS.
- The students' work will be delivered to you or placed in your Mailbox when the student has completed the assignment.
- Students will attend Directed Studies during the assigned class period. Please make sure to communicate to your students when assigning them to Directed Studies and include assignments and/or instructions with your referral.
- The students' work will be delivered to you or placed in your Folder/Mailbox at the end of each school day.
- Please do not hesitate to e-mail me with any Directed Studies questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want our RHS students to be successful and to help the students meet their individual goals through Directed Studies!
*If your students are taking or re-taking a test, NO TECHNOLOGY can be used unless permission is given by their teacher!
*Students will return to class unless you specify that you would like for the to remain in Directed Studies for the remainder of the period.