Students work on individual learning websites and/or use apps to continuously have the opportunity to improve reading, (reading level and lexile score) math, language, and other skills within the gifted classroom. These may be used at home or during any spare time the students may have. Both parents and students ask what they can do to continue to improve when the school day is over. Some things we use in the classroom ,which may also be used at home also, are as follows:
1. MobyMax - www.mobymax.com
2. MyOn - Read assigned books or books of choice - Students who read daily have a better chance of increasing their lexiles scores!
3. Online classrooms - View videos, links, or notes
4. Study Island -
5. Projects - Work on any ongoing projects assigned - In the gifted classroom, we work on many projects. These projects can be individual, partner, or group projects.
6. Interactive Notebook - We are creating an interactive notebook of our unit. Use any extra time to make sure the notebook is up-to-date.