Teachers- Thank you for all of your constructive feedback from the Directed Studies survey at the beginning of the school year. I have carefully reviewed all of your responses and made some changes to our Directed Studies program here at Cedartown High School for the 2016-2017 school year. Our goals this school year based off of the surveys are to: 1) Provide more assistance in our students’ skill recovery for their current academic classes, 2) Monitor students more closely while they are taking tests in Directed Studies, and 3) Follow up with administration when students are not productively participating in Directed Studies.
SignUpGenius will allow CHS teachers to select a date and class period, enter their (the teacher's) name, select the number of students to sign up, and enter the names of the students and their assignments for DirectedStudies. Once students are signed up to Directed Studies electronically, there will be no further requirements from the academic teachers unless extra materials need to be delivered to Directed Studies depending on the needs of your students. I will continue to enter “DS” codes for attendance in PowerSchool, communicate with our College & Career Academy teachers, and organize the collected student materials to return work to your box each school day.
Please stop by Directed Studies if you have any questions. I look forward to working with everyone here at CHS to help our students achieve their unique learning goals.
DIRECTED STUDIES TEACHER DIRECTIONS
Directed Studies Schedule:
MONDAY- Science & Social Studies
TUESDAY- Math & English
WEDNESDAY- Science & Social Studies
THURSDAY- Math & English
*If students are assigned to DS during 4th period, they will eat 4th lunch.
1. Use the SignUpGenius link above to sign your students up for Directed Studies. (Please enter your teacher name, select the amount of slots depending on the number of students per class period, enter the students' names and assignments as a comment.)
2. Mrs. Graves will assign the students to DS in Powerschool on Friday for the upcoming school week.
3. If you have paper materials send the materials to Mrs. Graves to organize on Friday for the upcoming school week.
4. Mrs. Graves and Mr. Johnson will sort and file your students' work to keep all of the different assignments organized on Friday for the upcoming school week.
5. Students will attend DS during the assigned class period (please make sure to communicate to your students to come directly to the DS Lab when assigning the students) and submit completed work to your folder.
6. The students' work will be placed in your mailbox at the end of each school day.
*Please do not hesitate to e-mail me with any DS questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want our CHS students to be successful and to help the students meet their individual goals through Directed Studies!
*If your students are taking or re-taking a test, NO TECHNOLOGY can be used unless permission is given by their teacher!
*Students in DS will not be allowed to visit their classroom teachers for any reason.
*Students in DS must remain in DS for the entire class period in which they were assigned to DS.