1. Who were Georgia’s representatives at the Constitutional Convention of 1787?
a. George Washington and Abraham Baldwin
b. William Few and Austin Dabney
c. William Few and Abraham Baldwin
d. Austin Dabney and Abraham Baldwin
2. Why did the federal government experience financial problems while under the Articles of Confederation?
a. Congress lacked the power to tax U.S. citizens
b. It did not give states adequate taxing power
c. The president and Congress stole federal money
d. The U.S. did not have adequate natural resources to generate money
3. Who gave the tract of land that became the University of Georgia?
a. Native Americans
b. Federal government
c. General Assembly
d. Colonial charter
4. What city became Georgia’s capital after Augusta?
5. Why was Louisville chosen as Georgia’s capital in 1786?
a. Louisville was more centrally located
b. Louisville was the state’s largest city
c. Louisville was the most important center for trade
d. Louisville played an important role in the American Revolution
6. Which statement BEST describes a “land grant university” such as the University of Georgia?
a. The college was established as an agricultural college to improve farming
b. The college was a public university with free tuition to state residents
c. The land for the college was donated by the federal government
d. The land could not be used for any purpose other than a college