The Education Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (E-SPLOST) became available to school districts as a means for raising money in 1996. Since then, it has become one of the most innovative, effective, and ultimately inexpensive ways for schools to acquire funding.
The E-SPLOST has become a primary funding source for capital improvements (new/replacement schools, additions/modification to schools, curriculum/instructional materials, technology upgrades, etc.) which can ONLY be used for educational purposes. Polk County voters have continuously approved E-SPLOST since 1998.
E-SPLOST VII is on the November 2, 2021 ballot for a continuation, not an additional tax, of the current one cent tax on all consumer goods.
- No new sales taxes
- E-SPLOST is a continuation of the current sales tax, not an additional tax.
- Sales tax is paid by everyone who shops in and visits Polk County.
- Provides modern, safe, and secure school facilities for Polk County students.
- Quality schools provide better opportunities for our students and enhance economic growth for our community.
- Rockmart High School Fine Arts Facility
- Rockmart High School Auxiliary Gym
- Cedartown High School Auxiliary Gym
- Cedartown and Rockmart High School Football Field Turf
- Classroom Additions
- Bathroom Upgrades
- Technology Upgrades