Polk School District will adhere to the following quarantine guidelines recommended by the Department of Public Health (DPH) updated on Thursday, August 19:
Close contacts exposed to a positive case OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL (Standard quarantine):
- Can return to school after day 10 of their quarantine if they remain asymptomatic; OR
- Test out of quarantine after 7 full days have passed since the most recent exposure, if they fulfill all THREE of the following criteria:
- Remain asymptomatic AND
- Are tested for COVID-19 on or after day 5 of quarantine AND
- Receive a negative result
The above-mentioned guidelines do not apply to asymptomatic individuals who are fully vaccinated with an exposure to confirmed or probable COVID-19 case if it has been at least 14 days from your last vaccination dose.
Close contacts exposed to a positive case IN SCHOOL (Modified quarantine):
- Required to wear a mask for a 14-day period while in school.
- Participate in daily symptom monitoring and not attend school if symptomatic.
As a reminder, those symptomatic persons with confirmed or probable COVID-19, can return to school after:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications AND
- Symptoms have improved