Middle School Counselors Implement the Counseling Program by Providing:
School Guidance Curriculum
- Academic support, including organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Goal setting and decision-making
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Education on understanding self and others
Peer relationships, coping strategies and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Substance abuse education (Red Ribbon Week)
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
Individual Student Planning
- Academic planning
- Goal setting/decision- making
- Education on understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
- Transition plans for 5th grade students
- Individual and small-group counseling
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution
- Professional development
- Consultation, collaboration and teaming
- Program management and operation
School Wide Events
- Red Ribbon Week
- Career Day
- No Bullying Week
Middle School Counselors Collaborate with:
College/career awareness programs
One-on-one parent conferencing
Interpretation of assessment results
Classroom guidance activities
Academic support, including learning style assessment and education to help students succeed academically
At-risk student identification and implementation of interventions to enhance success
Behavioral management plans
School-wide needs assessments
Student data and results
Student assistance team building
Job shadowing, service learning
Taken from American School Counselors Website: www.schoolcounselor.org
You may contact Ms. Mosley or Mrs. Redden by calling (770) 749-8850 or emailing at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN SHOULD YOU CALL A COUNSELOR?
When your student is having difficulty learning.
When family changes interfere with academic progress.
When you child needs extra help adjusting to school.
When you want to arrange a meeting with several teachers or with both a teacher and a counselor.
When you want to discover available community resources and agencies for your student and family.