My name is Tracy Reynolds and I am Polk School District’s Parent Mentor. The parent mentor partnership is a program, headed up by the Georgia Department of Education, to educate and support families of special needs students as they journey through the special education process. Parent Mentors work with and develop collaborative partnership among parents, educators, agency personnel, and community members.
As a Parent Mentor, some of the ways I can assist you include:
· Provide you with information to assist you in IEP meeting planning.
· Provide a parents’ perspective to educators.
· Direct you to resources available within and outside the school system.
· Provide training programs on topics requested by parents.
· Listen to parents and provide understanding and options with concerns and/or issues.
I look forward to a great year working with families, educators, and community organizations to ensure our children reach their fullest potential. I can be reached by phone at the Julia Dean Center (770)684-8718 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact me with any questions and/or concerns.