The mission of Cherokee Elementary's Guidance Department is to support the school community by developing and integrating a comprehensive guidance program that will assist students in academic, career, and personal/social programs. This will allow studnts to develop positive self-esteem, healthy relationships, and academic success.
- All children are valuable and deserve respect.
- All childrne can acquire appropriate behaviors in order to grow and learn.
- All children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their environment.
- All students should have equal access to school counseling services.
- A School Counselor serves as an advocate for all students, staff, parents and the community.
- A School Guidance Program should specifically include academic, career, and personal/social components.
- A School Counselor should have a positive impact on the entire school environment.