Focus of the Week
Week of December 4-8: This week we are beginning with Newton's Laws of Motion, including doodle notes and Kesler station activities. Please note that we do have a vocabulary quiz on Friday :)
Week of November 27-Dec. 1: This week we are finishing up the concepts of speed, velocity, and acceleration. Students received their Vocabulary Quiz A back on Monday, and will have Part B on Wednesday. There will be a test wrapping up the standard (S8P3a) on Friday, which will include a constructed response question as well as calculations and multiple choice questions.
Week of October 30-Nov. 10: Field Trip Oct. 30-31, but starting Wednesday we will begin looking at the Law of Conservation of Mass and Matter, which wraps up the unit of Characteristics of Matter. Following that, we will finish up the second week with a whole unit review that will extend into the next week.
1. How is the law of conservation of matter demonstrated in chemical equations?
2. How can I tell if a chemical equation is balanced?
3. What does the law of conservation of matter mean in chemical reactions?
Weeks of October 16-27: This week we will be focusing on the Organization of the Periodic Table, continuing with the subject of atoms and their structure.
Essential Questions for this week:
1. How can I use the periodic table to help me answer questions?
2. How does the periodic table use facts about atoms to organize them?
3. What properties does the periodic table use to group elements?
4. Recurring: How can I best communicate what I know to others?