Our daily schedule:
7:45 - 8:10 homeroom/Bell Ringer
8:10 - 9:00 Activity
9:00 - 9:50 SS/SC/LA/Writing: interactive read aloud
9:50 - 10:40 SS/SC/LA/Writing: interactive read aloud
10:40 - 11:09 Writing/StoryTime/Bathroom
11:09- 11:39 lunch
11:39- 12:20 Grammar (Shurley English)
12:20- 12:20 Math
12:20 - 1:10 Math
1:10 - 2:00 ELA: Shared reading- guided or partner reads /phonics/word work/groups
2:00 - 3:00 ELA: Differentiated Reading Instruction/ESOL
Tuesday: FLP Math
We use the Behavior Rainbow in our classroom. The children will be recognized for awesome behavior, as well as reminded to follow the rules. Consequences will be positive for making good choices and there can negative consequences for making bad choices. The homeroom grade on the report card/progress report is reflected by the choices your child makes.
Consequences for positive behaviors (moving up the rainbow):
earning good choice tickets with rewards such as- special pen, sit by friend, lunch with friend, pillow please, pencil, bookmark, eraser, ice cream, or other prizes
earning brownie points for the class
Consequences for negative behaviors (set up by 2nd grade teachers):
2. Regroup/possible loss of privilege
3. Loss of privilege (partial)
4. Loss of privilege
5. Repeated offense- contact parent (behavior documented)
6. Refer to office (after all other steps have been used)
1. Listen when your teacher is talking.
2. Follow directions quickly.
3. Respect yourself. Respect yourself. Respect the school.
4. Raise your hand to speak to the class.
5. Be safe. Be kind. Be honest. Use kind words.
6 Keep your hands and feet to yourself.