Let's watch this video from YouTube to learn what, exactly, a Biomedical Engineer does:
Visit the following websites to learn a little more about Biomedical Research:
On a sheet of paper, answer the following questions:
1. What is biomedical research?
2. Why is it important?
3. Why are animals sometimes used in research?
4. Is this an ethical concern? How does it make you feel?
5. What are different types of research that can be used?
6. How do you think the scientific method is used in biomedical research?
7. Explain the 3 R's.
8. What are clinical trials and when do they take place?
9. What are some disadvantages of biomedical research?
10. Why do you think it's called "Biomedical Research."