1) How did characters feel about one another? Why?
2) Which characters change and which don’t?
3) How is character change important in the story?
4) What did you learn from one character in the story?
5) Who is the most interesting character? Why?
6) Who is the most important character? Why?
7) Who is the bravest character? Why?
8) Are the characters believable? Why or why not?
1) Where and when does the story take place?
2) Where else could the story take place?
3) Could the setting be a real place that exists in our time?
4) Is the place important to the story? How?
5) What words did the author use to describe the place?
6) What can you hear, see, feel, or smell as you read?
7) How important is the place or time to the story?
8) In another time or place, how would the story change?
9) How is the setting like another place you know?
10) Does the season or the time affect the
characters or plot of the story?
1) What is the story problem?
2) What challenges do the characters encounter
and how do they deal with them?
3) How does a character’s actions affect
other people in the story?
4) If you were the author, would you have ended this section
in any different way? How?
5) What lesson does this story teach about life?
6) What two or three sentences summarize this section?
7) Make a sketch or picture of an event in the book and write a sentence about it.
8) Do you have any unanswered questions about this section?