October 5th Thursday
warrm up 7&8
Guided reading sheets - answer whilde listening to book readings.
October 4th H3 American Revolution
warm up 5&6 use the glossary
Worked on Ch.5 guided reading sheets section 2
October 3rd Tuesday
1. Warm up 3&4 use the book glossary see warrm up page.
2. work on vocabulary Quizlet sheet using the book 3.teacher checked work in IANS all but 5th period.
October 2nd New Unit 4 SS8H3 American Revolution
New page for warm ups - Name , date, period, standard # title of page
1. Warm up Copy the standard SS8H2
2. Define the French and Indian War? Use glossary
Assignments: Warm up Quiz 9-25-9-28
Quizlet Vocabulary sheet given - teacher keeps - look up answers in the book .
Week 6 warm up September 25th Monday 25-29th Friday.
September 25th Monday Warm up SS8H2
1. Who were the soldiers from Scotland who helped James Oglethorpe defend the colony from the Spanish._The HighlandScots
2. What year was slavery legalized in Georgia? ___1751___
September 26th Tuesday Warm up SS8H2
3. Who were the 3 Royal Governors of Georgia? John Reynolds, Henry Ellis, James Wright
4. Which Royal Governor was the first to serve the Georgia Colony?
September 25th Monday New warm up week 6
Assignments :New warmups #1 week 6
Periods 2,4, take warm up quiz week 5
Teacher taught and reviewed the standard from power point- students underline hightlight on their notes important information.
September 22nd Friday 1/2 day missed classes only odd 1,3,5,7 periods
Assignments1.Took Warm up quiz Week 5 Sept 14-21 - 12 questions -
Work on slide notes from power point SS8H2
September 21st Thursday Assignments:
Warm up 11 &12 see warmup H2 file
Played Kahoot game over unit
vocabulary review Exceeding the standard
September 20th Wednesday Assignment
1. Warm up 9 &10 see warm up file
2. complete note , slide copy from yesterday.
September 19th Tuesday Assignments
1. warm up SS8H2 7&8 - see warmup file
2. Study guide fill in : What do you know now.?. guided help on how to do a studyguide
3. Class notes: Using the powerpoint in H2 folder; copy slides# 5,7,8,12,36,48,50,55,58
September 18th Monday -Assignments
1. warm up ck file on website
2. quizlet vocab review - exceeding the standards
3. return test H1 exploration
4. Slide copy #5 ,#7 - powerpoint on website.
September 15th Friday assignments
1. warm up - see file
2. Warm up quiz from 9-5/9-8
3. review vocabulary from exceeding the standards - flash cards
4. students work on study guide SS8H2
September 14th Thursday Assignments
1. Warm ups for new unit SS8H2 see warm up file:Colonizing Georgia- discussion over the standard
2.Study guide given for the unit SS8H2 -taught how to find answers -
Assigments : September 13th students reviewed using jeopardy game and took SS8H1 test Wednesday9-13
School cancelled Monday 9-11 and 9-12 for weather conditions Test is Wednesday
SS8H1 test is Wednesday 9-13 study
Week 4 Warm ups SS8H1
SS8H1 Warm ups- 9-6/9-8-17 Tuesday
1. Why did the 3 countries want to explore North America? God , Glory, Gold.
2. Why did England want to settle in North America? to practice the economic trade policy of Mercantilism.
September 6th Warm up SS8H1 Wednesday
3. Who was the Spanish explorer to reach the area of Georgia first?
4. What was the Spanish Conquistador looking for? Hernando Desoto was looking for Gold.
Assignment : Study guide review to check answers and give answers SS8H1
September 7th Warm up SS8H1 Thursday
5. How did glaciers contribute to human migration to Americas?
6. The English wanted to explore the new world to develop a fur trade.
True or False.
Assignments : study guide reveiw of answers - studygudie checked for completion -Power point audio
September 8th Warm up Friday
7. Which regions of Georgia did Hernando not enter? Look at the map on summary sheet
8. I have made up all of my work and my Ian is in order. Yes, or Not explain the reason for both answers.
Assignments: play review game quizzizz and take score of progress
play jeopardy review game SS8H1
Play quizzizz live - all preparing for test on Monday 9-13-17
August 28th Monday Warm up Quiz 10 questions given- use your Ian warm ups for help -8-21-8-25 -17 warmup questions
Started new standard SS8H1 European Exploration 8/28/17
Week 3 Warm ups SS8H1 Day 1
Warm up week 3 New Unit SS8H1 Exploration
August 28 Monday Day 1
1. Name the 4 major Prehistoric Native American Indian Groups pg.70
Work assignments: Essential questions given to tape in IAN
2. What does Nomadic Mean? pg.76
August 29th Tuesday SS8H1 Exploration Day 2
3. What was the last Prehistoric and most advanced Indian group called ?
4. If you are European ,What continent are you from?__________________________
Name 3 countries in that continent .___________________,___________________,______
Work Assignments: Students were given vocabulary using Ipads to put definitions in own words and draw a picture to represent the meaning.
August 30th Wednesday:SS8H1 warmup Day 3
5. What were the Mississippian Houses made out of?__________________
6.What type of buildings did the Mississippians leave behind and what were they used for?_____________
1. Vocab terms and definitions given
2. Summary sheet of standard
3. Study guide of questions -given
Class period to complete vocabulary defs and pics.
August 31st Thursday SS8H1 warm up
7. Mississippian Indians built permanent protective outer walls called?___________________________
8.List the artifacts that showed the Mississippian culture was religious and artistic.
September 1 Friday SS8H1 warm up
9. What does Hierarchy mean?
10. What effect did the Europeans have on the Mississippian Indians?
- SS8G1-Warm ups
New Week 2 for warm up Questions
August 21-21 Monday
Warm up Week August 21 – 25 – Keep Warm ups all on the same page front and back for the week.
August 21st Monday
1. The dividing line with waterfalls between the Piedmont and Coastal plains region called?___________________
2. Georgia's border with South Carolina is called the ___________________River?
Classwork- Reviewed slides, Applachian Mountains map, powerpoint,Gave Warm question quiz from last week warmups 8/14/-8/18 - 10 ques.: time given to work on map project started on Friday -Homework - Study for test this week -
August 22nd Tuesday Warm up
3. What is the name of the second largest freshwater marsh in the United States called _______________________?
4. What is the major purpose for the Barrier Islands? _________________________________________
Class work assignments: Complete Maps of Georgia project , complete study guides, Make up work warm ups copied and answered -
Homework - Study for test on Thursday 8-24-17- finish classwork , maps and study guides
August 23rd Wednesday Warmups- Answers are on the Study guide
5. The Northern region of the State represents what mountain range?__________________
6. Georgia has another border other than the 5 states what is this border? ___________________
Classwork : Warm ups, 7 minutes of study time on studyguide, review flashcards of terms and regions of GA, played review game Quizletlive on Ipads , finished any work maps, studyguides , reviewed powerpoint
Homework - Study for test on Thursday
August 24th Thursday - Warm up - Test today over SS8G1 Geography of Georgia
7. What river has its headwaters in the mountains of North Georgia and forms part of the boundary between Georgia and Alabama?________________
8. Which river allows cargo ships to transport goods to and from the Atlantic Ocean?______
August 25th Friday warm up
9. I have made up all my work for Unit 1 Geography and my IAN is in order ?
10. The New Unit 2 Standard SS8H1 is over_____________________________ and it has ________ Elements ? (How many )
Warms ups for the Week of August 14-17th SSG1 Geography and Physical Features
Put the warm up in your Black and White composition book
Skip two or three pages
Warm SS8G1 Where is Georgia?
August 14th Monday
1. Which continent is the State of Georgia Located?
2. What region is the state of Georgia found with in the United States?
August 15th Tuesday
3. Georgia, North America and the United States are in the ________________ and _______________hemispheres?
4. A land mass inhabited by people who share a common territory and government is called a _________________?
August 16th Wednesday
5. The Nation/country that I inhabit is called the _____________________?
6. What are the 5 geographic , physiographic regions of Georgia ?
August 17th Thursday
7. Where is the smallest of the 5 geograghic regions located?
8. The most populated geographic region is called?_______________
. August 18th Friday
9. Which georgraphic region is the largest in land mass over 3/5th the state? ______________________
10. Which geographic region was the site of the first United States Gold Rush?____________________
August 14th - 18th Notes taken over the Geographical Regions of Georgia =SEE Power point for notes over the 5 regions