Business and Computer Science
Computer Lab Rules and Classroom Procedures
Computer Lab Rules
- There will be no open or unopened food or drink allowed in the computer lab at any time. Any food or drink seen by the teacher will be placed in the trash. EXCEPTION: water in its original container.
- Obscene, profane or vulgar language, hitting someone, mocking someone, destroying property, cheating and bad manners WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ANY TIME.
- Students may not play any type of computer games during class without permission from teacher.
- Only electronic devices used for class will be allowed to be visible during class time.
- Students may not alter, remove, and/or mistreat any of the technology equipment in the classroom.
Entering the classroom:
- Students will quietly enter the classroom, sit in assigned seat, and log into Ms. Dover’s online classroom entering the classroom - then begin the warm up assignment.
- Students will place belongings, including book bags and purses, underneath their workstations and out of the aisles, at all times. Only class-related items should be on top of the workstation.
- Students will only print with permission to the designated printer.
- Students will upload assignments to Ms. Dover’s Online Classroom when complete.
- Students are responsible for missed assignments.
- Always log off the computer before you leave at the end of the period.
- You are NEVER to log in as anyone other than yourself.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the classroom for any reason during the first and last 10 minutes of class.
- Students who need to leave the classroom for any reason must use their time card for a hall pass with the location of where they are going, the current time, and signature by the teacher.
- Students will remain seated at all times unless given permission to be out of seat.
- Students will raise hand when he or she needs assistance and wait for teacher to come to them.
End of Class
- Students will log off the computer prior to leaving.
- Students will pick up trash around workstation and put in trash can on the way out the door.
- Students will push in chairs prior to leaving.
Using the Internet in the classroom is a privilege. At anytime, this privilege may be taken away if it is misused.
Ways to lose your Internet privileges really fast . . .
- using any type of chat room, instant messaging or message board;
- going on email;
- playing games
- constantly being on a site that does not relate to what we are doing;
- misusing or not taking care of your computer equipment
- overriding security settings or other types of hacking.