Shooting your bearing with a compass:
Read the following information about using a compass using this link: http://backpackingmastery.com/basics/how-to-use-a-compass.html . Answer the following questions:
1. What is a compass used for?
2. What are the 4 cardinal points on a compass?
3. What are the intermediate points on a compass?
4. How many degrees are between each cardinal point?
5. What direction does the red magnetic needle always point?
6. What is the purpose of the fold-out sighting mirror?
7. What type of structures or objects can affect the reading of a compass?
8. How should you hold a compass?
9. What is "the heading" in terms of compass use?
10. Where should the magnetic needle be on the housing as you travel along your desired path?
11. What part of the baseplate determines your travel direction, and where is it found?
12. What is the difference between an Azmuth Compass and a Quadrant Compass?