Describe and demonstrate the cues to the students.
Side to target
- Make sure the side of your body that is away from the hand you are throwing with is toward the wall (if you were walking straight ahead you would walk along the wall, not toward it)
Arm way back
- Bring your arm back so that your elbow is almost above your ear and your hand is behind your head.
Step with opposite foot
- Step forward on the foot opposite the hand you are using to throw.
- After you throw, make your arm follow the ball.
- Your hand should end up almost at your knee.
- If the ball is above your waist, you should catch the ball with your thumbs together.
- If the ball is below your waist, you should catch the ball with your pinkies together.