- A sentence is a group of words in the correct order that makes sense.
- The first word in a sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a punctuation/end mark.
- A sentence can be:
(1) a telling sentence/statement (DECLARATIVE); it will end with a period, .
(2) an asking sentence/question (INTEROGATIVE); it will end with a question mark. ?
(3) an exciting sentence (EXCLAMATORY); it will end with an exclamation mark. !
(4) a command sentence (IMPERATIVE); it will end with a period. .
Mo Willem's Books are great to help understand and to teach "Types of Sentences."
See below a few of his books on You Tube.
DontLetThePigeonStayUpLate.m4v Sarah McVey
The pigeon finds a hot dog TheCupWithTea
Don't Let the Pigeon Use the iPad! CSMSmedia
We read Mo Willems' Pigeon books and we thought it would be fun to create our own.
This book was created by Mrs. Harrell's class.
How to write a sentence
by Kristina Whitfield