Class Launcher: My Daily Journal
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Topic: Continue working on your alphabetic keyboarding lessons in Microtype.
Business and Computer Science Standards:
BCS-BCSII-11- The student will examine career requirements, job responsibility, employment trends, and opportunities for careers in business.
a) Discuss characteristics and opportunities that lead to the development of a successful career in entrepreneurship management, marketing, and banking and finance.
b) Create a logo, slogan, letterhead, and business card for an imaginary business.
MSBCS-BCSII-4: The student will utilize word processing software.
a) Identify uses of word processing software and careers related to word processing.
b) Identify and explain word processing terminology.
c) Create basic word processing documents related to business and computer science careers.
d) Retrieve, edit, manipulate, and print documents.
MSBCS-BCSII-9: The student will utilize desktop publishing software.
a) Identify uses of desktop publishing software and careers related to desktop publishing.
b) Identify and explain desktop publishing terminology.
c) Create, edit, save, and print desktop publishing documents.
MSCD7-2: Students will investigate Georgia’s Career Program Concentrations that align with their personal assessments and identify possible career pathways.
(9) Marketing, Sales & Services
MKT-EN-1: Understands concepts and processes associated with successful entrepreneurial performance.
d) Discuss the entrepreneurial discovery processes.
e) Assess global trends and opportunities.
f) Determine opportunities for business creation.
g) Generate ideas for business.
h) Determine feasibility of ideas.
i) Determine the major reasons for business failure.
- What is the difference between a logo and a slogan?
- What are some examples of a logo and a slogan?
- How do you create a business card from scratch using Microsoft Word?
- What are the parts of a business card?
- How do you create a QR Code?
- When designing a business card, what are some tips you need to keep in mind for a professional look?
- What are some ways you can promote a business?
- What type of business do you want to create and why?
- What is the difference between Microsoft Word and Publisher?
- What is a template?
- How do you format documents using appropriate tools such as bold, underline, italics, bullets, etc?
Students will create an advertisement flyer for their business or product using Microsoft Publisher.
Advertisement Flyer Requirements:
- Title (Identify your product or service and name of your business)
- Product (Describe the service you are providing or product)
- Price (How much does the product cost?)
- Place ( Where can a person buy your product ?) Examples: Physical location (include an address), Web based business (include web address), etc...
- Promotion (How will you advertise your business/product?) Examples: TV commercials, radio commercials, magazines, social media (facebook, instagram, snap chat, etc.) Discounts (buy one get one free, go online to complete survey and receive $5.00 off next purchase, sales)
- Store Hours
- Decorate with clip art and pictures
When you finish, create letterhead for your business using a template of your choice from Microsoft Publisher. When you complete the letterhead, make a print screen image and paste the letterhead into your PowerPoint. Choose 3 more templates of your choice from Publisher (calendar, banner, gift certificate, etc.. and make a print screen of those and past into your PowerPoint. Make sure to include the following on your projects:
- Name of Your Business
- Phone Number
- Website address