2-3-16 Kick-off: complete the kick-oof for your class below:
General Horticulture: Turfgrass management
1. Describe how the grass looks in your yard. Is it one species of grass or many species of different plants and weeds?
2. Does your grass look different from season to season?
3. In your own words, what do you think turf grass managers (sports field managers or golf course superintendents) do on a daily basis?
1. Read the online magazine article at http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/09/150918152244.htm
2. Give 2 reasons why it is important for foresters use prescribed burns?
3. Watch the video on Youtube https://youtu.be/pYWHS6cCu5w and answer the following question:
What are some factors that go into planning a controlled burn?
1. Diagram the parts of a flower.
Your word bank is: filiment, petal, sepal, ovary, ovules, anther, style, stamen, stigma, recepticle, stem