General Hort / Nursery and Landscape
Answer the following questions on a sheet of paper
1. In your own words,what is landscape design?
2. In your own words, what is art?
3. Draw a symbol that would represent a broadleaf evergreen shrub on a landscape plan.
4. Draw a symbol that would represent a deciduous tree on a landscape plan.
5. What are 2 things a landscape designer can do to make a tall tree seem to stand up and seem taller on a landscape plan?
6. List one advantage and one disadvantage of creating a hand-drawn plan over a computer created landscape plan.
1. What is a dented check on a chicken egg?
2. What grade is given to an egg that has dirt or other foreign material sticking to it?
3. What is a leaker?
4. Can an egg still be considered grade a with a calcium deposit on the shell?
5. Name 4 defects that can cause an egg to be down graded?