General Horticulture / Nursery and Landscape
https://youtu.be/Jy1Ca8RotRI Use this youtube link to watch the video on fruit tree grafting. Answer the followng questions.
1. Why would someone want to graft a fruit tree?
2. What is a scion, or scion wood?
3. What can you use to secure, or wrap, the joint that you made?
4. What can you do to ensure that the scion wood on a graft does not dry out?
5. In order for a graft to work, the ____________name of the plant must match.
1. How do you determine the volume of a cylinder?
2. What is the volume of a tree that has a diameter of 12 inches and and height of 65 feet?
Pull up www.Livestockjuding.com .
Go to videos. Click on one of the videos, any class of animals that you would like to judge. Watch the video and place your class on the righthand side of the screen. Read the reasons for you class.