YGES School Counseling Department
The mission of the Youngs Grove Elementary School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students in a multicultural society.
At Youngs Grove, we are student advocates and partners in student achievement—First, last & always!
- The counselor will partner with all students, school staff, families, and members of the community as an integral part of the entire educational program.
- Our school counseling program promotes school success through a focus on academic achievement, prevention and intervention activities, advocacy, and social/emotional and career development.
- School counselors work predominantly with school-related issues. When issues go beyond the realm of a school counselor, we can help find community resources as needed.
To See Ms. McDonald...
Teachers, parents, and/or students can initiate the student-counselor relationship.
- Teachers will receive a Counselor Referral form. This form will need to be filled out with as much information as possible and placed in the Counselor’s mailbox . This form helps by gathering background information so that we can better serve our students.
- Parents may contact Ms. McDonald with their concerns by phone or e-mail. Appointments to speak with the counselor may be made upon request.
- Students may also complete a request to see the counselor. An appointment will be scheduled & the counselor will call for the student at that time.
*All information shared with the counselor is confidential unless a student states that he/she is planning to harm themselves or others or if they are the victim of abuse or neglect. In these situations, we are required by law to report this information to parents and/or the appropriate agencies.