Steps for Solving Word Problems:
1. Write or re-write the problem using key information.
2. Underline key words that tell you if you are going to
add, subtract, multiply, or divide.
3. Show your work using numbers or equations
4. Draw a picture, make a numberline, or make a graph to show
your work a second way.
5. Go back and check your work. Show me how you are checking
your work (for example, if you subtracted, then add the two smaller
numbers to see if you get the larger number:
35-9=26 26 + 9= 35 (check!)
If you can't think of an equation to check your work, then just
explain in words how you checked your work.