Personal Fitness: Coach Tracy
Course Description: Personal Fitness is a required Georgia Standards course. Students will participate in fitness assessments and develop appropriate health-related, long term lifestyle habits. Activities include the mile run, shuttle run, weight lifting, core strengthening, and stretching to improve flexibility.
- Understand health problems associated with inadequate fitness levels.
- Assess individual fitness levels and understand components of physical fitness.
- Understand sound nutritional practices related to physical fitness.
- Develop a personal fitness plan designated to obtain long-term fitness goals.
- Implement a personal fitness plan and assess outcomes following a period of training.
- Pursue physical activities that promote health-related fitness.
- Understand the relationship between physical fitness activities and stress.
- Analyze how activity participation patterns change throughout life and express strategies to deal with these changes.
- Understand consumer issues related to physical fitness.
Material Needed: Shorts, sweats, t-shirt, socks, tennis shoes, pencil, pen, folder, I-pad.
20%: Dressing Out
10%: Tests and/or Quizzes
10%: Mid Term/Final Exam
Gym Rules: 3 Positive P’s:
- PROMPT: Be on time to class and dress out in a timely manner.
- PREPARED: Daily, bring a change of clothes (shorts/ sweats, t-shirt, & tennis shoes) & I-pad.
- POLITE: Respect your teachers and/or peers.
Absences: Only a written doctor’s excuse signed by the doctor will exempt students from participating in Physical Education. Those students will receive an alternate, required assignment to complete. When students are absent, it is their responsibility to complete any missed work.
Parent Signature: ________________________________
Student Signature: _______________________________