1. What region is Atlanta located in?
a. Blue Ridge
b. Coastal Plain
d. Ridge and Valley
2. Which of the following best describes the Coastal Plain?
a. It is somewhat mountainous
b. It is mostly flat
c. It is flat, but high
d. It is hilly
3. Which of the following physical features made it difficult to travel the entire state by river?
A. Okefenokee Swamp
B. the fall line
C. the Appalachian Mountains
D. the barrier islands
4. In which of the following geographic regions do the most people live?
A. Ridge and Valley
B. Coastal Plain
C. Blue Ridge
5. Which statement does NOT describe a characteristic of the barrier islands?
A. They serve as a wilderness sanctuary
B. They protect the beaches from erosion
C. They are frequently a target of hurricanes
D. They attract thousands of tourists each year
6. Which of the following rivers empties into the Atlantic Ocean?
A. the Chattahoochee River
B. the Flint River
C. the Savannah River
D. the Etowah River