August 23, 2013
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is VevlyHilburn. I am pleased to be the Parent Involvement Coordinator at Westside Elementary. My job is to serve as the link between school and parents, relaying the needs of one to the other; educate teachers and staff on how to communicate and work effectively with parents as equal partners; advise and train parents on how to address issues with the leadership staff in school meetings; serve as a school-based intermediary contact for concerns and comments made by parents and community members; provide referrals to community-based services for families; expand opportunities for continued learning, voluntary community service and civic participation; develop community collaborations; promote sharing of power with parents as decision-makers; help parents understand the educational system so they can become better advocates for their children’s education; and maintain a parent resource center. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 770-748-0831 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Title I Federal documentation the school must maintain a receipt from you stating youare aware of the location and/or received the following documents.
1. Notice that the student handbook (English and Spanish) is located at www.polk.k12.ga.us and a paper copy is available at the school.
2. Letter on my schools ESEA Designation Status
3. School-Parent Compact
4. Letter on information requesting teacher and/or paraprofessional qualifications
5. Notice of where the parent resource center is located
6. Notice of Community Eligibility Option ( free breakfast and lunch information for all students in Polk School District)
7. All parent documents are available in my native language by making this request to the school Parent Involvement Coordinator.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Please return this letter to your child’s homeroom teacher by August 30, 2013.