THE FOLLOWING ARE VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR YOU:
1. Google drive presentation http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=XemzLDk.
2. Students are required to read books for Social Studies each quarter.
3. PowerSchool this is a great way to stay on top of students grades and classwork. A letter went home the first week of school with login information. Please contact office 678-757-1479 if you need your child's login information. https://powerschool.polk.k12.ga.us/public/
Please read carefully…
- RMS has set rules for each classroom. These are located in the front of the room, along with consequences for breaking rules.
- We fully expect work and assignments for this class to show effort and quality.
- Late Work:
Assignments have a set date due, and are due promptly when asked for. Failure to turn in assignments on time will result in points off the final grade. I will deduct 30 points after the first day and 50 there after.
- 10% will be deducted from grades for the following:
- Not following directions (Examples--Not putting name/labels on paper, not having work in the composition if directed, etc..)
- Work not considered "honors" level (examples--ripped/folded posters, last minute/not quality work, etc...)
Absent work is not late. I will put a zero in the gradebook for missed work, but the student has 3 days to see me to make up the work. All missed work is in the front of the classroom in folders for their class. Students have 3 days to turn in work, however, a student needing more days may see me for an extension. Work from absences not turned in after 1 week, and no extension has been asked for, will result in a zero.
- Retest Policy: Students may retest 1 time. Students will be allowed to retest on Unit Test grades only (as per the retest policy). Benchmark, project grades and quiz grades are not subject to retest. These are listed in the description of the grade in gradbook. Students wishing to retest will complete assignments based on level of remediation needed. Students wishing to retest will need to see Mrs. Scott to ask for the retest. The student needs to be the one to ask, retests will not be given on parent request. Students have 10 days to complete remediation procedures and retest. Students will complete the required material during the school day or after school as needed. Student will receive the higher of the two grades.
Device Usage: Students will be allowed to use tablets and ipads as determined by the teacher. If device usage becomes an issue, the following consequences will be given:
2. Device taken up until end of period
3. Device taken up until end of day
4. Device taken up until end of day---Parent contacted
5. Device taken to office for parent pick up