We will be completing our measurement unit where we
will be comparing different heights, lengths, capacities, and weight.
MGSEK.MD.1: Describe several measurable attributes of an object,
such as length, weight, and volume.
MGSEK.MD.2: Directly compare two objects with a measurable
attribute in common, to see which ojbect has"more of" /
"less of" the attribute, and describe the difference.
1. Can you compare the length of linking cube sticks to various objects?
2. Can you compare objects using the same as?
3. Can you compare the lenght and height of objects?
4. Can you compare using heavier than and lighter than with classroom objects?
5. Can you compare objects using heavier than, lighter than and the same as with balance scales?
We will start learning how to measure objects. We will begin by comparing objects by length. Students should know the terms "shorter than" and "longer than". We will be using non standard units such as cubes, paperclips, and beans.
In first grade the students will learn about the different measurement units below.
Click on the video below to learn about comparing lengths.
Comparing Lengths MatholiaChannel
Click on the ruler to learn some cool tricks about measurement
Click on the pictures below to learn more about measurement