WOW! our school year is off to a great start. We have been so busy learning and adjusting to school. This is my 20th year teaching and 3rd year teaching first grade and I feel it’s going to be a wonderful year. I’m very excited to be working with your child. I have just a few quick things to keep in mind.
1. I will send home an agenda with your child. Please look over the agenda and sign it each night. The agenda is the best place to write me notes or staple/clip them to that day’s page. Your child will put it on my desk each morning and I will respond to any notes. Please remember that it is very difficult for me to call you during the school day. I can’t leave the students to go to the workroom to the phone. E-mails or text messages are a great way to contact me. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell number is 770-546-0290.
2. Please make sure that anything your child brings to school has his/her name on it. If something gets lost around the building or on the bus, this helps us to return it to them.
3. Please send any money in an envelope with your child’s name, my name, and what the money is for, written on the outside.
4. Ice-cream will be available for purchase daily. All ice-cream cost 50c.
5. The school is not providing an afternoon snack this year. If you would like to send snack, please remember we have 21 students.
Thank you for all the supplies you brought/sent this week. There are 3 things I would like for each student to have this year:
• 1 inch 3 ring binder
• Ear buds for the iPads
• Pencil box – not a pouch to hold supplies
Thank you for letting me share this wonderful experience of first grade with your family. The schools telephone number is 678-901-4294 and my cell number is 770-546-0290. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.