Rules and Procedures:
1) Students will comply with the Polk School District Handbook policies.
2) Students will be provided detailed, procedural routines that will foster a positive, threat-free environment where they will thrive and learn.
3) Students will be expected to enter the classroom in an orderly fashion, prepare materials for class, and begin the skills maintenance assignment promptly.
4) Students will be responsible for a neat classroom.
5) Students will exit the classroom in an orderly fashion when dismissed by the teacher.
6) Students will be expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior in all school settings.
7) Students must have their math notebook in class daily. They will need pencils (2), paper, and highlighter (any color of preference) in class each day.
8) Students must have their I-PAD in class each day.
What to Expect:
Stronger and More confident Math Students
Students Excited about learning
Tips for Parents:
1) Utilize the agenda as a means of communication between home and school.
2) Visit the school website for a list of school events.
3) Establish a definite time and place for study.
4) Review assignments with your child.
5) Monitor the completion and quality of your child's work.
6) Plan weekly-supervised opportunities to organize your child's notebook and bookbag.
7) Make sure your child has adequate materials (pencils, pen, paper, etc.).
8) Share ways that you use math at home and at work with your child.
9) Share mathematics as you encounter it in books, newspapers, etc.
10) Present a positive disposition toward mathematics.
11) Treat school and homework as your child's job.
12) Label your child's belongings with his/her first and last names. Remember to label his/her lunch box, jacket, sweater, notebooks, purse, gym bag, etc.
13) Please utilize Power School to view your child's grade report and assignment list online.
14) Please notify the school at 678-757-1479 of your child's daily absences if applicable.