This page contains the Language Arts Activities for Weekly Practice.
* Daily practice with grammar skills will help students to write and speak with greater proficiency and confidence.
Check out my Blog above for more materials!
Complete any 3 of the 9 activities below during winter break for a speech prize!
1. Download "Bitsboard" to practice possessives
2. Watch this tutorial about Possessive Pronouns
3. Watch this tutorial about Possessive Adjectives
4. Watch this brief Ownership Animation
5. Watch this Animation about Using Apostrophes
6. Watch this Video about using Apostrophes with nouns
7. Make a "Possessives" Collage
8. Explore Possessives on Brainpop/Take Quiz
9. Listen to Lyrics & List the Possessives
*If you do not have access to technology, you may choose to substitute the following activity for one of the above technology activities. Go to your pantry, or kitchen cabinet and look for food containers that show possession in their titles with an apostrophe "s", and write these on a piece of paper.
Some I found in my kitchen were: Orville Redenbaucher's Popcorn, Bushes' Baked Beans, Reese's Cups, and Amy's Soup.