Fixed and Growth Mindsets:
- Fixed Mindset - I can't do it and don't want to. I am not interested in it.
- Growth Mindset - I can't do it yet, but will have a try. I may not be interested now, but if I try, I may develop some interest and learn new skills.
What is perseverance?
1. Staying with the task and not giving up.
2. Showing commitment, pride and a positive attitude in completing tasks.
3. Trying again and again and again.
4. Being patient and willing to work hard.
Some people who have shown perseverance are: Lance Armstrong, Thomas Edison, Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder. Can you name any more?
What are ways you can show perseverance?
1. When you are near the end of race and struggling to finish, find a burst of energy to cross the finish line.
2. Try a new sport or skill that is difficult and don’t quit.
3. Study and work hard to improve your grades.
4. Save up your money and do extra chores to buy something special.
5. Help a younger child learn to ride a bicycle or play a new game.
6. Spend hours practicing to play an instrument.
7. Always finish what you start. Do not give up when things get tough.
8. Try something again, even if you failed the first time.
Remember you had to learn to walk before you could run!
It takes perseverance to fulfill your dreams.
“Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get there!” ~Josh Billings
"Never, never, never give up!" ~Winston Churchill