We are so excited about our upcoming trip!!!!! It is not too late to sign up!!!
Trip ID 95074
Join our adventure!
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Explore a new
place, see exotic wildlife up close, and experience science at work
in the real world – all while creating lifelong memories. T his
life-changing trip promises to be the perfect mix of adventure,
education, and fun!
We’ve helped thousands of students raise funds!
WorldStrides believes that every child should have access to the wonder of
educational travel. To support this vision, we have several funding opportunities
available for our travelers.
• FLAG financial assistance: More than $1 million in FLAG financial assistance
is available for families with an annual adjusted gross income (AGI) up to
$85,000. The application process is simple and confidential, and funds are
distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 1-800-468-5899 to apply.
• Gift of Education program: Thousands of students have raised millions of
dollars through our Gift of Education program! Our pre-written letters and
e-cards and customized donation links make it easy to ask for donations via
mail, email, and Facebook. This allows your friends and family to be a part of
this amazing adventure.
Students visit Crystal River and experience one of the highlights of the program – swimming with manatees! Comprised of 20 islands surrounded by spring-fed water, Crystal River is a warm water refuge for over 25% of the nation’s endangered Florida manatee population. Students dive right in and snorkel in the natural spring water as these “gentle giants” swim playfully all around them. Students can interact with, and even touch, these rare, beautiful animals, as well as learn all about their habits, environment, and the conservation efforts made to preserve them.
Did you know:
- 600 million gallons of fresh water flow daily from more than 30 natural springs through the Crystal River, and the water temperature is a constant 72°F.
- Manatees can grow to be 12 feet in length and up to 3,500 lbs.
- Manatees can be found in abundance in the river’s warm water because they can’t survive for long in water that is less than 68°F.
- When snorkeling with the manatees, it is okay to touch them with the open palm of your hand, but only if they approach you first. A manatee at the bottom of the river is either feeding or resting and shouldn’t be disturbed.
- Cost- Student is $ 641.00 and $737.00 for adults.
Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge