In our next social studies journey, we will learn about the CIVIL WAR. We will study the Causes, Major Events, and the Consequences of the CIVIL WAR in American. You can find information about each one on this site in the folder "CIVIL WAR".
April 16 - May
The CIVIL WAR in America
SS4H5 Explain the causes, major events, and the consequences of the Civil War.
- Identify Uncle Tom’s Cabin and John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry and explain how each of these events was related to the Civil War.
- Discuss how the issues of state’s rights and slavery increased tensions between the North and South.
- Identify the major battles, campaigns, and events: Fort Sumter, Gettysburg, the Atlanta Campaign, Sherman’s March to the Sea, and Appomattox Court House
- Describe the roles of Abraham Lincoln, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant, Jefferson Davis, Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, and William Sherman.
- Describe the effects of war on the North and South