Welcome to the 4th Grade Math page!
Content standards for Grade 4 are arranged within the
following domains and clusters:
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
• Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
• Generate and analyze patterns.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Generalizeplace value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers.
• Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations—Fractions
• Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
• Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operationson whole numbers.
• Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.
Measurement and Data
• Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of
measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Geometric measurement: understand concepts of angle and measure angles.
• Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles