Polk Enrichment Program (PEP)
Students who have been identified as gifted are served one day a week in the gifted classroom. Gifted students are offered opportunities which encourage:
- The development of abstract thinking.
- The sharpening of reasoning abilities.
- Practice in creative problem-solving.
- Higher cognitive processing.
- Differentiated instructional strategies for gifted students.
The gifted curriculum incorporates these skills into units of study based within these content areas: language arts, mathematics, foreign language, social studies, science, and fine arts.