In compliance with HB 1176, ALL school personnel and volunteers are required to report suspected acts of child abuse to the person in charge of the facility. This report cannot be modified by any person(s) and will be reported immediately, or within 24 hours, by the person in charge of the facility to the appropriate agency.
Georgia law § 19-7-5 mandates reports of suspected child abuse by school employee and volunteers. The purpose of this Code section is to provide for the protection of children. It is intended that mandatory reporting will cause the protective services of the state to be brought to bear on the situation in an effort to prevent abuses, to protect and enhance the welfare of children, and to preserve family life wherever possible. This Code section shall be liberally construed so as to carry out the purposes thereof.
All District employees and volunteers are mandatory reporters under the law.
* Reporting Abuse
* Mandated Reporter Guide
* Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement Form
* Mandated Reporter Form
* CPS Intake Questions
* O.C.G.A. 19-7-5 (2017)
* PSD Policy JGI - Child Abuse & Neglect
Department of Children and Family Services
* Child Protective Services - Child Abuse & Neglect
Georgia Department of Education
* Child Abuse Prevention Presentation
* Child Abuse Prevention Required Handouts
* Child Abuse Prevention Resource Manual
* Child Abuse Prevention Video
* Child Abuse Prevention Training Webinar (November 1, 2012)
* Child Abuse Prevention Training Webinar (November 13, 2012)
For questions relating to Mandatory Reporting, please contact:
Greg Teems, Assistant Superintendent - email@example.com
David Robinson, Director of Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org